We thank 42 health systems, representing 1122 hospitals across the US, for joining Civica Rx to help ensure quality medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone. These include:
Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, the multinational generic pharmaceutical company and Civica Rx, today announce a five-year agreement to manufacture and supply Civica's growing membership of US health systems with medications that are often in short supply in US hospitals. Under the agreement, Hikma will produce 14 essential sterile injectable medications for Civica as a private...
Vizient, based in Irving Texas, will provide insights into purchasing patterns and provider needs through their analytics and data capabilities, helping Civica anticipate gaps in drug availability and affordability. “We applaud Vizient for helping to find innovative ways to reduce drug shortages through their analytics and data expertise,” said Martin VanTrieste, Civica CEO. “The...
Civica Rx announces its first supplier partner, Xellia Pharmaceuticals. Xellia will manufacture essential antibiotics, including Vancomycin and Daptomycin, for Civica’s member health systems to address shortages of these anti-infective medications and improve patient care in hospitals across the US. Today marks the first time that Civica is announcing the production of generic drugs –...
Civica is partnering with healthcare systems to ensure that generic drugs are affordable and available as soon as possible.
We are partnering with hospitals and healthcare systems to (1) prioritize production of generic drugs and (2) purchase Civica generic drugs, based on hospital systems’ clinical needs.
- We are creating market stability by procuring or manufacturing the products required by our hospital systems
- We are guaranteeing volumes for our hospitals and health system partners for each drug we manufacture
Civica is focusing on bringing value — in supply, quality, and price — to the market
- We are establishing long-term partnerships that will allow us to guarantee predictable, long-term supply
- We are providing our suppliers with long-term, predictable volumes
- We are working with trusted, FDA-approved manufacturers with high-quality track records. We are embedding a collaborative, rigorous quality assurance process with each partner and will have a single price point for each drug, regardless of health system size
- We are assuring that our prices are transparent and competitive
Civica is serving as a check in the generic manufacturing industry
- We are fixing broken markets by applying for Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for each drug we manufacture
- We are having the R&D expertise necessary to enter identified drug markets and develop medications that our patients need
- We are partnering with our governmental and regulatory agencies to assure we are working together in a way that benefits our patients