Over 35 health systems and philanthropies are now a part of Civica, including:
Civica Rx and Exela Pharma Sciences Join Forces to Provide Sodium Bicarbonate to Hospitals Across the U.S. The partnership will help stabilize supply of a vital medicine used daily for emergency care. Civica Rx and Exela Pharma Sciences, today announce a long-term agreement to manufacture and supply Civica's growing membership of U.S. health systems...
Overheard at a recent Congressional Hearing on the reliability of the global generic drug supply chain: “I think it is fascinating to watch what the private sector hospitals in the United States are doing…they formed a nonprofit called Civica Rx in response to persistent shortages of vital life-saving medicines…and they are doing direct contracting with trustworthy manufacturers…with...
Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, the multinational generic pharmaceutical company and Civica Rx, today announce a five-year agreement to manufacture and supply Civica's growing membership of US health systems with medications that are often in short supply in US hospitals. Under the agreement, Hikma will produce 14 essential sterile injectable medications for Civica as a private...
Civica will partner with healthcare systems to ensure that generic drugs are affordable and available as soon as possible.
We will partner with hospitals and healthcare systems to (1) prioritize production of generic drugs and (2) purchase Civica generic drugs, based on hospital systems’ clinical needs.
- We will create market stability by procuring or manufacturing the products required by our hospital systems
- We will guarantee volumes for our hospitals and health system partners for each drug we manufacture
Civica will focus on bringing value — in supply, quality, and price — to the market
- We will establish long-term partnerships that will allow us to guarantee predictable, long-term supply
- We will provide our suppliers with long-term, predictable volumes
- We will work with trusted, FDA-approved manufacturers with high-quality track records. We will embed a collaborative, rigorous quality assurance process with each partner and will have a single price point for each drug, regardless of health system size
- We will assure that our prices are transparent and competitive
Civica will serve as a check in the generic manufacturing industry
- We will fix broken markets by applying for Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for each drug we manufacture
- We will have the R&D expertise necessary to enter identified drug markets and develop medications that our patients need
- We will partner with our governmental and regulatory agencies to assure we are working together in a way that benefits our patients