Over 30 health systems and philanthropies are now a part of Civica, including:
Vizient, based in Irving Texas, will provide insights into purchasing patterns and provider needs through their analytics and data capabilities, helping Civica anticipate gaps in drug availability and affordability. “We applaud Vizient for helping to find innovative ways to reduce drug shortages through their analytics and data expertise,” said Martin VanTrieste, Civica CEO. “The...
Civica Rx announces its first supplier partner, Xellia Pharmaceuticals. Xellia will manufacture essential antibiotics, including Vancomycin and Daptomycin, for Civica’s member health systems to address shortages of these anti-infective medications and improve patient care in hospitals across the US. Today marks the first time that Civica is announcing the production of generic drugs –...
Civica Rx recently welcomed the local community for the official opening of its new headquarters in Lehi, UT, just outside of Salt Lake City. Joining the Civica team as speakers for the opening ceremony and ribbon cutting were Utah Governor, Gary Herbert; U.S. Congressman Ben McAdams (UT); Intermountain Healthcare CEO, Marc Harrison, MD; University...
Civica will partner with healthcare systems to ensure that generic drugs are affordable and available as soon as possible.
We will partner with hospitals and healthcare systems to (1) prioritize production of generic drugs and (2) purchase Civica generic drugs, based on hospital systems’ clinical needs.
- We will create market stability by procuring or manufacturing the products required by our hospital systems
- We will guarantee volumes for our hospitals and health system partners for each drug we manufacture
Civica will focus on bringing value — in supply, quality, and price — to the market
- We will establish long-term partnerships that will allow us to guarantee predictable, long-term supply
- We will provide our suppliers with long-term, predictable volumes
- We will work with trusted, FDA-approved manufacturers with high-quality track records. We will embed a collaborative, rigorous quality assurance process with each partner and will have a single price point for each drug, regardless of health system size
- We will assure that our prices are transparent and competitive
Civica will serve as a check in the generic manufacturing industry
- We will fix broken markets by applying for Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for each drug we manufacture
- We will have the R&D expertise necessary to enter identified drug markets and develop medications that our patients need
- We will partner with our governmental and regulatory agencies to assure we are working together in a way that benefits our patients