Over 35 health systems and philanthropies are now a part of Civica, including:
New not-for-profit company Civica Rx is established by seven hospital systems and 3 charitable foundations (as reported in FORBES) to address a persistent drug shortage problem that has become a national crisis for hospitals and patients. New leadership Civica Rx announces that Dan Liljenquist, SVP and chief strategy officer at Intermountain Healthcare, will serve as chair of the Civica...
Civica Rx was established in 2018 to address a persistent drug shortage problem that has become a national crisis for hospitals and patients. Civica, a mission-driven, not-for-profit, non-stock generic drug company, was founded by leading hospital systems that know first-hand about the impact of the inconsistent, unpredictable, and often unstable market dynamics that lead...
Civica Rx CEO Martin VanTrieste participated in the November 27th, 2018 FDA Workshop on Drug Shortages at Duke University. ...
Civica will partner with healthcare systems to ensure that generic drugs are affordable and available as soon as possible.
We will partner with hospitals and healthcare systems to (1) prioritize production of generic drugs and (2) purchase Civica generic drugs, based on hospital systems’ clinical needs.
- We will create market stability by procuring or manufacturing the products required by our hospital systems
- We will guarantee volumes for our hospitals and health system partners for each drug we manufacture
Civica will focus on bringing value — in supply, quality, and price — to the market
- We will establish long-term partnerships that will allow us to guarantee predictable, long-term supply
- We will provide our suppliers with long-term, predictable volumes
- We will work with trusted, FDA-approved manufacturers with high-quality track records. We will embed a collaborative, rigorous quality assurance process with each partner and will have a single price point for each drug, regardless of health system size
- We will assure that our prices are transparent and competitive
Civica will serve as a check in the generic manufacturing industry
- We will fix broken markets by applying for Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for each drug we manufacture
- We will have the R&D expertise necessary to enter identified drug markets and develop medications that our patients need
- We will partner with our governmental and regulatory agencies to assure we are working together in a way that benefits our patients