We thank 42 health systems, representing 1122 hospitals across the US, for joining Civica Rx to help ensure quality medicines are accessible and affordable to everyone. These include:
Civica’s MISSION Ensure that essential generic drugs are available and affordable to everyone Civica’s VISION To be a model generic drug company by providing high-quality FDA approved products at affordable prices Civica’s VALUES Safety, Quality, Accessibility, Affordability and Fairness What's Next? Civica expects to bring over 14 hospital-administered generic drugs to hospitals and health...
New not-for-profit company Civica Rx is established by seven hospital systems and 3 charitable foundations (as reported in FORBES) to address a persistent drug shortage problem that has become a national crisis for hospitals and patients. New leadership Civica Rx announces that Dan Liljenquist, SVP and chief strategy officer at Intermountain Healthcare, will serve as chair of the Civica...
Civica Rx was established in 2018 to address a persistent drug shortage problem that has become a national crisis for hospitals and patients. Civica, a mission-driven, not-for-profit, non-stock generic drug company, was founded by leading hospital systems that know first-hand about the impact of the inconsistent, unpredictable, and often unstable market dynamics that lead...
Civica is partnering with healthcare systems to ensure that generic drugs are affordable and available as soon as possible.
We are partnering with hospitals and healthcare systems to (1) prioritize production of generic drugs and (2) purchase Civica generic drugs, based on hospital systems’ clinical needs.
- We are creating market stability by procuring or manufacturing the products required by our hospital systems
- We are guaranteeing volumes for our hospitals and health system partners for each drug we manufacture
Civica is focusing on bringing value — in supply, quality, and price — to the market
- We are establishing long-term partnerships that will allow us to guarantee predictable, long-term supply
- We are providing our suppliers with long-term, predictable volumes
- We are working with trusted, FDA-approved manufacturers with high-quality track records. We are embedding a collaborative, rigorous quality assurance process with each partner and will have a single price point for each drug, regardless of health system size
- We are assuring that our prices are transparent and competitive
Civica is serving as a check in the generic manufacturing industry
- We are fixing broken markets by applying for Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for each drug we manufacture
- We are having the R&D expertise necessary to enter identified drug markets and develop medications that our patients need
- We are partnering with our governmental and regulatory agencies to assure we are working together in a way that benefits our patients